Shopify or WordPress: which is the best for SEO? This is the main question that a lot of startups discover themselves asking, and in this post, We are going to answer this.
Let’s start with a quick overview of Shopify and WordPress.
First of all, there is no CMS out there which can say easy ranking! But if a question arises regarding easy management, then both Shopify and WordPress are widely accepted due to their easy management capability. But We always recommend WordPress over the Shopify. Why?
- WordPress can easily cope with anything you throw at it and make your site accessible and available for the whole world to see.
- It is a powerhouse. It’s nearly the perfect website platform, capable of running all kinds of websites.
- It is opensource, and you can use it completely free of coast.
- You have full control of your website.
- The website design and website functionality are 100% customizable.
- Extend the functionality of your website with tons of free Plugins
- Self-hosted CMS
If someone wants a CMS which is SEO friendly, easily manageable, easily customizable, tons of free plugins and themes, self-hosted and many more, then WordPress is the unique one. In short, the WordPress is like the sky is the limit.
On the other hand, Shopify is also a good CMS, but there is some drawback also.
- Less customizability.
- Pay monthly for every little thing.
- Automated robots.txt, no control over it.
- Automated XML sitemap, no control over it.
- Duplicate content issue by collections, tags, and filters.
- The absence of user-defined canonical URL.
- Inability to work for page speed.
- Cannot get the URLs quite as clean as you might like.
- Hosted CMS.
If you liked this post, do feel free to share it!