- Mariah should educate her client on the value provided by high-quality backlinks, then suggest a strategy of approaching the same sites which link to their competitors and ask for a similar backlink to their website.
- Mariah should send her client information from popular SEO blogs about backlinks, then propose that she start a cold outreach campaign to 100 relevant websites to ask for links.
- Mariah should instead focus on content marketing and creating more high-quality blog posts.
Category: HubSpot SEO II Exam Answer
Which of the following does Google consider a good CLS score?
Jeremiah is an in-house SEO specialist for a car rental company with locations across the U.S. He works closely with the firm’s web designer, Maria, who mentions to him that she’d like to contextualize the site’s homepage by displaying the nearest car rental pickup spot based on the user’s location. Jeremiah thinks this is a great idea, but has concerns about how it may slow down the site. What solution could Jeremiah employ to keep the functionality while maintaining the site speed?
- There is no solution to keep this functionality and avoid slowing down the page, resulting in decreased performance. Therefore, Jeremiah should recommend that Maria not use it.
What is minification?
- The process of reducing resource size by removing unnecessary comments and spacing in the source code
- The process of replacing repetitive pieces of code with markers directing to the first instance of that code
- The process of redirecting large groups of URLs in batches during a site move
Dana is an SEO freelancer working with a client who is redesigning their website. The client’s designer has come up with a design that uses four custom fonts, but Dana voices their concern that this could have a negative impact on the site’s performance. How can Dana explain this issue to their client, and what solution can they propose?
- Using custom fonts is looked up unfavorably by Google, as they prefer designers to use exclusively Google fonts to promote their brand. The designer should use Google fonts in order to comply with these guidelines.
- Using more than two fonts of any kind can confuse users, provide a poor user experience, and increase the page’s LCP. Instead, the designer should use just a single Google font across the entire site.
- Using more than two custom fonts can cause fonts to flicker on loading, showing a flash of unstyled text. This is a poor user experience and increases the CLS score. Instead, the designer should try to find comparable Google fonts to use.
Select all that apply. Which of the following can negatively impact your CLS score?
- Images and iframes without inline dimensions
- Large items like YouTube video embeds or image sliders
- Dynamically injected content
- Improperly loaded custom webfonts
What are the three aspects of a website’s user experience, as measured by Core Web Vitals?
- Visual stability, interactivity, and design
- Interactivity, mobile-friendliness, and speed
- Loading, responsive design, and accessibility
- Loading, interactivity, and visual stability
Raquel is working on a technical SEO audit for a new client who recently decided to move their website from HTTP to HTTPS. When starting her audit, Raquel notices that some HTTP pages were never redirected to the HTTPS pages, which is now causing issues for the site in search. However, this client is very resistant to the idea of implementing more redirects, since they’ve heard that this can lead to a drop in their search performance. How should Raquel approach this situation with her client?
- She should stop the technical SEO audit completely and tell her client that she cannot continue until they have resolved the issues with redirecting the HTTP pages to HTTPS.
- She should explain to her client how redirects work (focusing on how 301 redirects pass “link juice” to new pages), explain how having both HTTP and HTTPS pages creates duplicate content, and how this can negatively affect the site’s performance.
- She should explain that while improperly implemented redirects can result in a drop in search performance, they are a necessary evil and redirecting the HTTP pages to HTTPS must happen immediately.
Which of the following is the most important aspect of a mobile-friendly website?
- Mobile site matching the desktop site
- Responsive website design
- Images and videos
- Avoiding intrusive pop-ups
What is a technical SEO specification?
- A document used during a website migration which captures SEO elements that need to be changed or transferred to the new site.
- A list of technical SEO issues on a website that need to be resolved, which are gathered during a technical SEO audit.
- A comprehensive definition list of technical SEO terms to use when communicating with stakeholders.
- A spreadsheet used during a technical SEO audit which keeps track of metadata on the site